2007 WISCONSIN ACT 50
An Act to amend 20.370 (9) (hu); and to create 29.2297 of the statutes;
relating to: issuance by the Department of Natural Resources of federal hunting, fishing, and trapping approvals.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
50, s. s. 1
20.370 (9) (hu) of the statutes is amended to read:
20.370 (9) (hu) Handling and other fees. All moneys received by the department as specified provided under ss. 23.33 (2) (o), 29.2297, 29.556, 30.52 (1m) (e), and 350.12 (3h) (g) for licensing, the issuing of department and federal approvals under ch. 29 and for the issuing and renewing of certificates and registrations by the department under ss. 23.33 (2) (i) and (ig), 30.52 (1m) (a) and (ag), and 350.12 (3h) (a) and (ag).
50, s. s. 2
29.2297 of the statutes is created to read:
29.2297 Federal approvals for hunting, trapping, and fishing. (1) Contract. (a) The department may enter into a contract with the federal government under which the department shall issue, through the statewide automated system contracted for under s. 29.024 (6) (a) 4., one or more types of hunting, fishing, or trapping approvals that are issued or required by the federal government.
(b) A contract entered into under par. (a) shall specify all of the following:
1. The total fee to be collected for each approval.
2. The amount of each fee to be retained by the department for each type of approval the department issues.
3. Of the amount retained by the department, any amounts to be paid to the statewide automated system as issuing and transaction fees.
(2) Forms. The federal government shall prepare, procure the printing of, and supply all necessary forms for applications and approvals issued under this section.
(3) Records. The department shall keep a complete record of all approvals it issues under this section.
(4) Use of moneys. All moneys retained by the department pursuant to a contract entered into under this section shall be credited to the appropriation account under s. 20.370 (9) (hu).