5. a. "Manufacturing property factor" means a fraction, the numerator of which is the average value of the claimant's real and personal property assessed under s. 70.995, owned or rented and used in this state by the claimant during the taxable year to manufacture qualified production property, and the denominator of which is the average value of all the claimant's real and personal property owned or rented during the taxable year and used by the claimant to manufacture qualified production property.
b. For purposes of subd. 6. a., property owned by the claimant is valued at its original cost and property rented by the claimant is valued at an amount equal to the annual rental paid by the claimant, less any annual rental received by the claimant from sub-rentals, multiplied by 8.
c. For purposes of subd. 6. a., the average value of property is determined by averaging the values at the beginning and ending of the taxable year, except that the secretary of revenue may require the averaging of monthly values during the taxable year, if such averaging is reasonably required to properly reflect the average value of the claimant's property.
6. "Production gross receipts" means gross receipts from the lease, rental, license, sale, exchange, or other disposition of qualified production property.
7. "Production gross receipts factor" means a fraction, the numerator of which is production gross receipts and the denominator of which is all gross income from whatever source, except for those items specifically excluded under the Internal Revenue Code as adopted by this state and otherwise excluded under Wisconsin law. For purposes of the denominator, income includes gross sales, gross dividends, gross interest income, gross rents, gross royalties, the gross sales price from the disposition of capital assets and business assets, gross income from pass-through entities, and all other gross receipts that are included in income, before apportionment for Wisconsin tax purposes under s. 71.25 (6).
8. "Qualified production activities income" means the amount of the claimant's production gross receipts for the taxable year that exceeds the sum of the cost of goods sold that are allocable to such receipts, the direct costs that are allocable to such receipts, and the indirect costs multiplied by the production gross receipts factor. "Qualified production activities income" does not include any of the following:
a. Income from film production.
b. Income from producing, transmitting, or distributing electricity, natural gas, or potable water.
c. Income from constructing real property.
d. Income from engineering or architectural services performed with respect to constructing real property.
e. Income from the sale of food and beverages prepared by the claimant at a retail establishment.
f. Income from the lease, rental, license, sale, exchange, or other disposition of land.
9. "Qualified production property" means either of the following:
a. Tangible personal property manufactured in whole or in part by the claimant on property that is assessed as manufacturing property under s. 70.995.
b. Tangible personal property produced, grown, or extracted in whole or in part by the claimant on or from property assessed as agricultural property under s. 70.32 (2) (a) 4.
232, s. 15
71.28 (5n) (d) 2. of the statutes is created to read:
71.28 (5n) (d) 2. Except as provided in subd. 3., for purposes of determining a claimant's eligible qualified production activities income under this subsection, the claimant shall multiply the claimant's qualified production activities income from property manufactured by the claimant by the manufacturing property factor and qualified production activities income from property produced, grown, or extracted by the claimant by the agriculture property factor.
232, s. 16
71.28 (5n) (d) 3. of the statutes is created to read:
71.28 (5n) (d) 3. The amount of the eligible qualified production activities income that a claimant may claim in computing the credit under par. (b) is the lesser of the following:
a. The eligible qualified production activities income determined under subd. 2.
b. Income apportioned to this state under s. 71.25 (5), (6), and (6m).
c. Income determined to be taxable under s. 71.255 (2).
71.30 (3) (dn) Qualified production activities Manufacturing and agriculture credit under s. 71.28 (5n).
71.34 (1k) (g) An addition shall be made for credits computed by a tax-option corporation under s. 71.28 (1dd), (1de), (1di), (1dj), (1dL), (1dm), (1ds), (1dx), (1dy), (3), (3g), (3h), (3n), (3p), (3q), (3r), (3rm), (3rn), (3t), (3w), (5e), (5f), (5g), (5h), (5i), (5j), (5k), (5n), (5r), (5rm), and (8r) and passed through to shareholders.
232, s. 19
71.34 (1k) (m) of the statutes is created to read:
71.34 (1k) (m) An addition shall be made for the amount computed under s. 71.28 (5n) in the previous taxable year that is not included in federal ordinary business income.
71.45 (2) (a) 10. By adding to federal taxable income the amount of credit computed under s. 71.47 (1dd) to (1dy), (3g), (3h), (3n), (3p), (3q), (3r), (3rm), (3rn), (3w), (5e), (5f), (5g), (5h), (5i), (5j), (5k), (5n), (5r), (5rm), (8r), and (9s) and not passed through by a partnership, limited liability company, or tax-option corporation that has added that amount to the partnership's, limited liability company's, or tax-option corporation's income under s. 71.21 (4) or 71.34 (1k) (g) and the amount of credit computed under s. 71.47 (1), (3), (3t), (4), (4m), and (5).