2013 - 2014 LEGISLATURE
SENATE AMENDMENT 3,
TO SENATE BILL 394
January 27, 2014 - Offered by Senator Lasee.
443.14 (8) (intro.) of the statutes is repealed.
443.14 (8) (a) of the statutes is renumbered 443.14 (8) and 7
amended to read:
An employee of a professional
land surveyor registered in this state
9or authorized to practice under a permit
, while working doing surveying work
the supervision of the employer. Such exempt, if the
employee shall is
responsible charge of the practice of professional
443.14 (8) (d) of the statutes is repealed.
443.14 (8m) of the statutes is created to read:
(a) Subject to par. (b), an employee or contractor of any of the 3
following while engaged in land surveying is exempt from the provisions of this 4
1. The provider of a broadcast service, as defined in s. 196.01 (1m).
2. The provider of a cable service, as defined in s. 196.01 (1p).
3. A commercial mobile radio service provider, as defined in s. 196.01 (2g).
4. A public utility, as defined in s. 196.01 (5).
5. A telecommunications provider, as defined in s. 196.01 (8p).
6. A video service provider, as defined in s. 196.01 (12r).
7. A cooperative association organized under ch. 185 for the purpose of 12
producing or furnishing heat, light, power, or water to its members only.
(b) The exemption under par. (a) applies only if the employee or contractor is 14
engaged in services described in s. 443.01 (6s) (a) 3., (c), (d), or (f) for or on behalf of 15
the provider or cooperative.".