Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Family Law
Assembly Bill 405
Relating to: relinquishing custody of a newborn child.
By Representatives Kooyenga, Tittl, Jacque, Thiesfeldt, Stone, Born, Nass, Knodl, Ballweg, A. Ott, Bies, Brooks, Sanfelippo, Kleefisch, Pridemore and Loudenbeck; cosponsored by Senators Lazich, Lassa, Olsen and Grothman.
October 04, 2013 Referred to Committee on Family Law
November 19, 2013 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Representative T. Larson; Representatives Kestell, Williams, Tittl, Craig, Tranel, C. Taylor, Pasch and Hebl.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· William Neville - Rep. Dale Kooyenga (author) - 14th Assembly District
· Buck Martin - Stockbridge-Munsee Community
Appearances for Information Only
· John Alberts - St. Croix Chippewa Indians of WI; Lac du Flambeau Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
· Nicole Homer - Ho-Chunk Nation
· Joe Strohl - Professional Firefighters of Wisconsin
· Michelle Mettner - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
· Kyle O'Brien - Wisconsin Hospital Association
· Michael Welsh - WI Academy of Family Physicians; WI Ass'n of Local Health Departments and Boards; WI Medical Group Management Ass'n; WI Public Health Ass'n
Registrations for Information Only
April 08, 2014 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1