Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Children and Families
Assembly Bill 267
Relating to: the investigation of a child abuse report in which a person who is not a caregiver of the child is suspected of permitting, allowing, or encouraging the child to engage in prostitution; and prohibiting prosecuting a person under the age of 18 with committing an act of prostitution.
By Representatives Billings, Johnson, Kahl, Brostoff, Genrich, Subeck, Young, Wachs, Mason, Sargent, Thiesfeldt, Kessler, Doyle, Riemer, Goyke, Berceau, Kolste, Pope, Quinn, Zepnick, Zamarripa, Jorgensen, Spreitzer, Macco, Hebl, Bowen, Sinicki, Bernier, Considine, Novak, Ohnstad, C. Taylor, Petryk, Danou and Barnes; cosponsored by Senators Harsdorf, Harris Dodd, L. Taylor, Moulton, Miller, Vinehout, Risser, Carpenter, C. Larson, Hansen, Ringhand and Lassa.
June 18, 2015 Referred to Committee on Children and Families
October 28, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Rodriguez; Representatives R. Brooks, Vorpagel, Kerkman, Brandtjen, Heaton, Neylon, Duchow, Johnson, Billings, Kahl and Subeck.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Gannon.
· Rep. Jill Billings - 95th Assembly District
· Rep. LaTonya Johnson - 17th Assembly District
· Ramona Gonzalez - LaCrosse County Circuit Judge
· Dominic Holt - WI Coaltion Against Sexual Assault
· Jodi Emerson - Fierce Freedom
· Cindy Crane - Lutheran Office of Public Policy in WI
Appearances for Information Only
· Rep. Amy Loudenbeck - 31st Assembly District
· Sen. Sheila Harsdorf - 10th Senate District
· Lynne Davis - State Bar of Wis
· Adam Plotkin - State Public Defender
· Kathy Markeland - WI Assoc. of Family and Children's Agencies
· Marc Herstand - National Assoc. of Social Workers
· Jay Reinke - Human Trafficking Task Force of Greater Milwaukee
· Tony Gibart - End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
· Dr. Angela Rabbitt - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1