Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety
Assembly Bill 537
Relating to: forfeiture of property seized in relation to a crime.
By Representatives Tauchen, Jarchow, Craig, Knudson, Kessler, Murtha, Goyke, Allen, Tittl, Gannon, Knodl and Hutton; cosponsored by Senators Nass, Lasee and Wirch.
November 24, 2015 Referred to Committee on Criminal Justice and Public Safety
January 28, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Kleefisch; Representatives Kremer, Spiros, J. Ott, Rodriguez, Horlacher, Novak, Born, Duchow, Goyke, Zamarripa and Johnson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Kessler.
· Representative Gary Tauchen - 6th Assembly District
· Representative Dave Craig - 83rd Assembly District
· Robert Fischer - WI Grandsons of Liberty
· Sheriff Ron Cramer - Badger Sheriffs
· Caty McDermot - WI Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Asssociation
Appearances for Information Only
· Adam Plotkin - Office of the State Public Defender
· Representative Adam Jarchow - 28th Assembly District
· Senator Steve Nass - 11th Senate District
· Alice O'Connor - WI Chiefs of Police Association
· Attorney General Brad Schimel - Department of Justice
· David O'Leary - WI District Attorneys Association
Registrations for Information Only