Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Public Benefit Reform
Assembly Bill 386
Relating to: requiring verification from court orders for eligibility for public assistance programs.
By Representatives Krug, Knodl, Murphy, Kitchens, Thiesfeldt, Brandtjen, Gannon, Kremer, Horlacher, Craig, T. Larson, Sanfelippo, Kleefisch and Tittl; cosponsored by Senators Kapenga, Stroebel, Wanggaard and Nass.
October 08, 2015 Referred to Committee on Public Benefit Reform
November 10, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (13) Representative Born; Representatives Duchow, Vorpagel, Schraa, Kremer, Craig, Neylon, Krug, Tauchen, Jorgensen, Goyke, Spreitzer and Subeck.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Brandtjen and Kolste.
· Rep. Scott Krug - 72nd Assembly District
· Brent Vruwink - Wisconsin Child Support Enforcement Association
· Vicky Selkowe - Legal Action of Wisconsin
· Korey Lundin - Legal Action of Wisconsin
· Tony Gibart - End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
Appearances for Information Only
· Jon Hoelter - Dept. of Health Services
· Kevin Moore - Dept. of Health Services
· Sen. Chris Kapenga - 33rd Senate District
· Tom Fandry - Wisconsin Child Support Enforcement Association
· Lynne Davis - State Bar of Wisconsin - Family Law Section
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1