Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on State Affairs and Government Operations
Assembly Bill 116
Relating to: limiting the authority of a city, village, town, or county to create new occupational licenses or fees or to continue to regulate certain professions.
By Representatives Kooyenga, Neylon, Ballweg, Craig, A. Ott, Kulp, Hutton, E. Brooks, Knodl, T. Larson, Edming and Sanfelippo; cosponsored by Senators Wanggaard, Nass, Harsdorf, Lasee and Tiffany.
March 27, 2015 Referred to Committee on State Affairs and Government Operations
June 16, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative Swearingen; Representatives Craig, Jagler, Brandtjen, Gannon, Ripp, Kulp, Tauchen, Vorpagel, Sinicki, Zamarripa, Kahl, Ohnstad and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Kleefisch.
· Representative Dale Kooyenga - 14th Assembly District
· Paulina deHaan - City of Milwaukee
· Jim Owczarski - City of Milwaukee
· Richard Paur - City of Milwaukee
· Curt Witynski - League of Municipalties
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Frank Lasee - 1st Senate District
· Senator Van Wanggaard - 21st Senate District
· Brad Boycks - Wisconsin Builders Association
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1