Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Education
Senate Bill 470
Relating to: reporting crimes and other incidents that occur on school property, on school transportation, and at school sanctioned events and granting rule-making authority.
By Senators Wanggaard and Darling; cosponsored by Representatives Jagler, J. Ott, Sanfelippo, Murphy, Loudenbeck, Quinn, R. Brooks, Tittl, Allen, Vorpagel, Weatherston, Hutton, Knodl, Tranel, Ripp, Kerkman, Brandtjen, Nygren, T. Larson, Petersen, Born, Ballweg, E. Brooks, Gannon and Nerison.
December 18, 2015 Referred to Committee on Education
January 21, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (7) Senator Olsen; Senators Darling, Vukmir, Nass, C. Larson, Risser and Bewley.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Representative John Jagler - 37th Assembly District
· Scott Kelly - Office of State Senator Van Wanggaard
· Mark Buetow - Milwaukee Police Association
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Chris Thiel - Milwaukee Public Schools
Appearances for Information Only
· Jennifer Kammerud - Department of Public Instruction
· Scott Jensen - American Federation for Children
· Jim Bender - School Choice Wisconsin
· Ryan Murray - Competitive Edge Software
· Pete Christianson - Southeastern Wisconsin Schools Alliance
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1