Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Workforce Development, Public Works, and Military Affairs
Senate Bill 140
Relating to: acts of concealment and misrepresentations in filing for or claiming unemployment insurance benefits.
By Senators Cowles, Gudex, Nass, Olsen, Petrowski, Wanggaard and Marklein; cosponsored by Representatives Kerkman, Jacque, Allen, Brandtjen, Edming, Gannon, Heaton, Horlacher, Jagler, Jarchow, Kapenga, Kitchens, Knodl, Knudson, Kremer, Kulp, T. Larson, Macco, Murphy, A. Ott, Quinn, Ripp, Sanfelippo, Steffen and Tranel.
April 28, 2015 Referred to Committee on Workforce Development, Public Works, and Military Affairs
September 08, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Roth; Senators Gudex, Stroebel, C. Larson and Lassa.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Robert Cowles - 2nd Senate District
· Representative Samantha Kerkman - 61st Assembly District
· Vicky Selkowe - Legal Action of WI
Appearances for Information Only
· Bill Esbeck - WI State Telecommunications Association
· Brian Dake - WI Independent Business
· Kathi Kilgore - WI Hotel and Lodging Association
· Representative Andy Jorgensen - 43rd Assembly District
· Marc Herstand - National Association of Social Workers Wisconsin
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1