Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Federalism and Interstate Relations
Assembly Bill 879
Relating to: coercive conditions attached to federal funding.
By Representatives Kooyenga, Rohrkaste, Brandtjen, Jacque, Katsma, Kerkman, Schraa, Thiesfeldt, Tittl, Vorpagel, R. Brooks and Tusler; cosponsored by Senators Stroebel, Craig, Marklein and Kapenga.
January 29, 2018 Referred to Committee on Federalism and Interstate Relations
February 15, 2018 Public Hearing Held
Present: (4) Representative Vorpagel; Representatives Kerkman, Katsma and Hebl.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (3) Representatives Schraa, Hutton and Anderson.
· State Representative Dale Kooygenga
· John Soper - Senator Stroebel's Office
· Misha Tseytlin - Wisconsin Department of Justice
· Rick Esenberg - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty
· Billie Johnson
Appearances for Information Only
· Eric Bott - Americans for Prosperity
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1