Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mental Health
Assembly Bill 815
Relating to: allowed detention facilities for emergency detention and involuntary commitment.
By Representatives Spiros, C. Taylor, Anderson, Berceau, E. Brooks, Brostoff, Considine, Doyle, Duchow, Edming, Fields, Horlacher, Jacque, Kolste, Loudenbeck, Mursau, Nerison, Novak, Petryk, Pope, Quinn, Rodriguez, Rohrkaste, Shankland, Spreitzer, Subeck, Tauchen, Tittl and Tranel; cosponsored by Senators Erpenbach, Petrowski, Bewley, Ringhand, L. Taylor and Shilling.
January 05, 2018 Referred to Committee on Mental Health
January 17, 2018 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Sanfelippo, Snyder, VanderMeer, Spiros, Considine, Sargent, Brostoff and Stuck.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· State Representative John Spiros - District 86
· Chief Craig Leck - WI Chiefs of Police
· Chief Bernie Coughlin - WI Chiefs of Police
· State Representative Chris Taylor - District 76
· Chief Mike Koval - City of Madison Police Department
· David Mahoney Dane County Law Enforcement
· David Glomp
· Merle Bengston
Appearances for Information Only
· Oriana Carey
· State Senator Jon Erpenbach - District 27
· Steve Fitzsimmons
· Mickey Biel
· Nick Zavos - City of Madison
· Jerry Deschane - League of Municipalities
· State Representative Andre Jacque - District 2
· Jim Palmer - Wis. Professional Police Association
· Tom Engels - Wis. Dept. of Health Services
· Pat Cork - Wis. Dept. of Health Services
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1