Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Regulatory Licensing Reform
Assembly Bill 918
Relating to: regulation of taxicab companies and taxicab dispatch services, extending the time limit for emergency rule procedures, providing an exemption from emergency rule procedures, granting rule-making authority, and providing a criminal penalty.
By Representatives Knodl, Tusler, Hutton and Duchow; cosponsored by Senator Nass.
February 05, 2018 Referred to Committee on Regulatory Licensing Reform
February 08, 2018 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Representative Horlacher; Representatives Ballweg, Hutton, Jacque, Macco, Quinn, Brostoff, Genrich and Anderson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Representative Dan Knodl - 24th Assembly District
· Alex Nypoemy
· Roosevelt Thomas
· Salah Eltayeb
· Jonathan Liegieous - AUTG
· Brenda Wood - City of Milwaukee
· Justin LaPlante - Ride Safe International
· David Rossing
· Erik Brekke - Madison Taxi
· Adam Chern - Union Cab of Madison
Appearances for Information Only
· Alexander Friedman
· Oswald Lettrari
· Rajendra Mone - Southeast Wisconsin Taxi Driver Association (SEWTDA)
· Harprect Rajasansi - Southeast Taxi Driver Association
· Mike Hartmann - Wisconsin Limo Association & Stardust Limousine
· Karl Schulte - Wisconsin Coordinated Transportation Coop
· Mohamed Yousif
· Riyad Snobar
· Jaspal Singh
· Jim Brown - Specialized Medical Vehicle Association of WI
· Mark Jones - WI Association of Taxi Operators
· Mohamed Boussoufi - SEWTDA
· Abu Kamal - SEWTDA
· Eltayeb Elsheiku - SEWTDA
· Bill Carter - Union Cab of Madison
· Jason Glomp - Union Cab of Madison
· Senator Steve Nass - 11th Senate District
· Jodie Schmidt - Green Cab of Madison
· Nick Zavos - City of Madison
Registrations for Information Only
· Gary Goyke - Specialized Medical Vehicle Association
· Gary Goyke - Wisconsin Association of Taxicab Owners
· Gary Goyke - WCTC West Coordinated Transportation Co-Operative
· Davinder Singh - SEWTDA
February 15, 2018 Executive Session Held
Present: (8) Representative Horlacher; Representatives Ballweg, Hutton, Jacque, Macco, Quinn, Brostoff and Genrich.
Absent: (1) Representative Anderson.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Representative Ballweg, seconded by Representative Macco that Assembly Amendment 1 be recommended for adoption.
Ayes: (7) Representative Horlacher; Representatives Ballweg, Hutton, Jacque, Macco, Quinn and Genrich.
Noes: (1) Representative Brostoff.
ASSEMBLY AMENDMENT 1 ADOPTION RECOMMENDED, Ayes 7, Noes 1
Moved by Representative Macco, seconded by Representative Hutton that Assembly Bill 918 be recommended for passage as amended.
Ayes: (6) Representative Horlacher; Representatives Ballweg, Hutton, Jacque, Macco and Quinn.
Noes: (2) Representatives Brostoff and Genrich.
PASSAGE AS AMENDED RECOMMENDED, Ayes 6, Noes 2