- Born Somerville, Tennessee, June 22, 1972; 1 child.
- Graduate Bay View High School, 1990; B.S. in Criminal Justice, Tennessee State University, 1997; attended University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, 1990-92.
- Full-time legislator. Former family child care provider/owner, 2002–12; insurance agent, 2000–02; financial employment planner, 1997–2000.
- Member: AFSCME Wisconsin Child Care Providers Together Local 502 (former president); AFSCME District Council 48 (former vice president); African American Chamber of Commerce; Emerge Wisconsin, Class of 2012; CBTU-Coalition of Black Trade Unionists; Milwaukee Democratic Legislative Caucus (former chair), Wisconsin Women in Government (board member).
- Elected to Assembly 2012 and 2014. Elected to Senate 2016.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Metropolitan Milwaukee Sewerage District Commission.