Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Human Services, Children and Families
Senate Bill 483
Relating to: access to an original impounded birth record.
By Senators Jacque and Darling; cosponsored by Representatives Tittl, Armstrong, Cabral-Guevara, Gundrum, James, Knodl, Murphy, Mursau, Rozar, Skowronski, Tusler, Wichgers and Thiesfeldt.
August 05, 2021 Referred to Committee on Human Services, Children and Families
January 05, 2022 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Jacque; Senators Ballweg, Wimberger, Johnson and Agard.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Andre Jacque - 1st Senate District
· Representative Paul Tittl - 25th Assembly District
· Mary Kay Savignac - Adoptees
· David Bohl - Coalition for Truth and Transparency in Adoption
· Anne Marie Swanson
· Erika Ostern-Archibald
· Diana Higgenbottom Anngrostopoulos
· Henry Plum - State Bar of WI - Child Law Section
Appearances for Information Only
· Jack Nasep
· Catherine McDermott - Coalition for Truth & Transparency in Adoption
· Lynne Davis - State Bar of WI - Child Law Section
Registrations for Information Only
· HJ Waukau - WI Department of Health Services
· Amanda Merkwae - Department of Children and Families
March 10, 2022 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1