2003 - 2004 LEGISLATURE
March 4, 2004 - Introduced by
Committee on Rules.
1Relating to: establishing special orders of business for Tuesday, March 9, 2004.
2Resolved by the assembly, That:
AR37, s. 1
1. Special order scheduled.
The following proposals shall be
3special orders of business on Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at the times shown:
(1) At 10:01 a.m., 2003 Assembly Joint Resolution 70, relating to: declaring
4May 12, 2004, as Wisconsin Stroke Alert Day.
(2) At 10:02 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 26, relating to: qualifications for group
(3) At 10:03 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 179, relating to: creating a civil liability
6exemption for certain municipalities and their agents that issue fireworks
(4) At 10:04 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 254, relating to: revisions and additions
8to condominium law.
(5) At 10:05 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 381, relating to: requiring informed
9consent by a minor's parent or guardian for the minor's ear piercing.
(6) At 10:06 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 405, relating to: authorizing a hospice
10nurse to make a pronouncement of death.
(7) At 10:07 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 473, relating to: requiring the
11Department of Revenue to prepare and maintain a list of delinquent
1taxpayer accounts and to post on the Internet the top 100 names from the
2list and requiring the department to refund filing fees paid by certain
3persons who file appeals with the Tax Appeals Commission.
(8) At 10:08 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 485, relating to: expenditure of
4$17,568.12 from the general fund in payment of a claim against the state
5made by Mullins Cheese, Inc.
(9) At 10:09 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 596, relating to: intoxicated operation
6of all-terrain vehicles, registration fees for all-terrain vehicles,
7nonresident trail passes for all-terrain vehicles, safety training for
8operating all-terrain vehicles, a study concerning the recreational
9operation of all-terrain vehicles, noise level requirements for all-terrain
10vehicles, the formula used for calculating the all-terrain vehicle gas tax
11payment, granting rule-making authority, making appropriations, and
(10) At 10:10 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 613, relating to: setoffs against tax
(11) At 10:11 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 617, relating to: a grievance procedure
14for resolving complaints of employment displacement under the
15Wisconsin Works program and granting rule-making authority.
(12) At 10:12 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 623, relating to: regulating fishing
16tournaments, granting rule-making authority, and providing penalties.
(13) At 10:13 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 665, relating to: payday loan providers
17and granting rule-making authority.
(14) At 10:14 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 685, relating to: the definition of a group
18health benefit plan.
(15) At 10:15 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 693, relating to: qualifications for a
19clinical social worker license and granting rule-making authority.
(16) At 10:16 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 778, relating to: issuance of motor
20vehicle certificates of title and special distinguishing registration plates
21that identify the bearer as a member of the national guard.
(17) At 10:17 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 782, relating to: age requirement for
22sturgeon spearing license.
(18) At 10:18 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 790, relating to: operation of motorboats
23by persons who are at least 16 years of age and born after a certain date.
(19) At 10:19 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 793, relating to: the imposition of the
1estate tax on the transfer of property within this state's jurisdiction.
(20) At 10:20 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 798, relating to: a certificate of birth
2resulting in stillbirth.
(21) At 10:21 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 822, relating to: issuance of operators'
3licenses to persons previously licensed in another state.
(22) At 10:22 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 831, relating to: restriction violations
4by persons holding instruction permits or probationary licenses to operate
5motor vehicles, and providing a penalty.
(23) At 10:23 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 832, relating to: motor vehicle emission
(24) At 10:24 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 844, relating to: waiver of a requirement
7under hemophilia treatment program to apply for other coverage.
(25) At 10:25 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 846, relating to: traffic regulations and
8traffic control devices at railroad crossings, making appropriations, and
9providing a penalty.
(26) At 10:26 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 849, relating to: discontinuance of the
10use of electronic voting machines at elections in this state.
(27) At 10:27 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 850, relating to: county and municipal
11ordinances regarding drug paraphernalia.
(28) At 10:28 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 857, relating to: regulating the
12investments of personal representatives, trustees, conservators, and
13guardians of the estate.
(29) At 10:29 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 897, relating to: regulating the
14manufactured housing industry and manufactured home installations;
15promoting rehabilitation and recycling of manufactured housing;
16granting rule-making authority; providing a penalty; and making
(30) At 10:30 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 900, relating to: collecting fees for the
18assessment of manufacturing property.
(31) At 10:31 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 901, relating to: authorizing a county
19to participate in a municipal revenue sharing agreement.
(32) At 10:32 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 904, relating to: compensation of
20fermented malt beverages wholesalers for termination of distribution
(33) At 10:33 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 908, relating to: the effective dates for
1provisions relating to the distribution of payments received by taxation
2districts for acres designated as closed under the Managed Forest Land
(34) At 10:34 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 589, relating to: the immobilization,
4impoundment, and disposal of unregistered motor vehicles.
(35) At 10:35 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 624, relating to: a statute of limitations
5for bringing an action to collect child support.
(36) At 10:36 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 772, relating to: expanding the
6Volunteer Health Care Provider Program to include provision of services
7to students from 4-year-old kindergarten to grade 6 in public elementary
8schools, charter schools, and private schools that participate in the
9Milwaukee Parental Choice Program.
(37) At 10:37 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 797, relating to: the regulation of
10pawnbrokers and secondhand article and jewelry dealers.
(38) At 10:38 a.m., 2003 Assembly Bill 872, relating to: authorizing counties
11to build, rehabilitate, furnish, and rent housing facilities to county
(39) At 10:39 a.m., 2003 Senate Bill 40, relating to: designating and marking
13a portion of USH 14 as the Ronald Reagan Highway.
(40) At 10:40 a.m., 2003 Senate Bill 60, relating to: leasing of school property.
(41) At 10:41 a.m., 2003 Senate Bill 155, relating to: use of hybrid-electric
14vehicles by state officers and employees and residents of this state.
(42) At 10:42 a.m., 2003 Senate Bill 291, relating to: Legislative Council staff
15director attendance at certain midwest and national meetings in which
16the Commission on Uniform State Laws participates (suggested as
17remedial legislation by the Legislative Council staff).
(43) At 10:43 a.m., 2003 Senate Bill 324, relating to: the Dry Cleaner
18Environmental Response Program and the administration of dry cleaning