21. Page 104, line 8
: delete the material beginning with "the method" and 3
ending with "600/2-78-054" on line 9 and substitute "static testing, kinetic testing, 4
and microscopic testing for mineralization characterization".
"(b) When issuing or modifying a mining permit or issuing or reissuing any 7
other approval, the department may reduce the design management zone by a 8
horizontal distance of not more than 600 feet. The department may not reduce the 9
design management zone unless the department determines that preventive action 10
limits and enforcement standards or alternative concentration limits will be met at 11
the boundary of the reduced design management zone. The department shall 12
consider the following factors in determining whether to reduce the design 13
1. Nature, thickness, and permeability of unconsolidated materials, including 2
2. Nature and permeability of bedrock.
3. Groundwater depth, flow direction, and velocity.
4. Waste volume, type, and characteristics.
6. Distances to the property boundary and surface waters.
7. Engineering design of the facility.
8. Life span of the facility.
9. Present and anticipated uses of land and groundwater.
10. Potential abatement options if an enforcement standard is exceeded.".
"(d) An operator shall monitor groundwater quality at locations approved by 14
the department along the boundary of the design management zone and within the 15
design management zone.".