Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Environment and Forestry
Assembly Bill 735
Relating to: the review of water quality standards and variances to water quality standards by the Department of Natural Resources and exempting certain actions of the Department of Natural Resources and the Department of Administration from the requirement to promulgate rules relating to the statewide water quality variance for phosphorus.
By Representative Loudenbeck; cosponsored by Senator Cowles.
January 15, 2016 Referred to Committee on Environment and Forestry
January 28, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Representative Mursau; Representatives Krug, Kitchens, Allen, Mason, Milroy, Hebl, Stuck and Considine.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (4) Representatives Czaja, Swearingen, Edming and R. Brooks.
· Amy Loudenbeck - State Representative -31st Assembly District
· Vanessa Wishart - Municipal Environmental Group
Appearances for Information Only
· Adrian Stocks - DNR
· Robert Cowles - State Senator - 2nd Senate District
· Nick George - Midwest Food Processors Association
· Amber Meyer Smith - Clean WI
· Paul Heinen - Nature Conservancy
· Caty McDermott - Wisconsin Rural Water Associations
· John Umhoefer - WI Cheese Makers Assoc.
· Brian Dake - WI Independent Businesses
Registrations for Information Only
February 02, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (13) Representative Mursau; Representatives Krug, Czaja, Kitchens, Swearingen, Edming, R. Brooks, Allen, Mason, Milroy, Hebl, Stuck and Considine.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Representative Krug, seconded by Representative Czaja that Assembly Bill 735 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (10) Representative Mursau; Representatives Krug, Czaja, Kitchens, Swearingen, Edming, R. Brooks, Allen, Stuck and Considine.
Noes: (3) Representatives Mason, Milroy and Hebl.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 10, Noes 3