Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Workforce Development
Assembly Bill 303
Relating to: prohibiting the Department of Workforce Development from requiring a job seeker to furnish his or her social security number to that department as a precondition to using the services of the job center network, including using the job center network Internet site.
By Representatives Loudenbeck, Kitchens, Berceau, E. Brooks, R. Brooks, Czaja, Gannon, Jarchow, Kerkman, Kessler, Knodl, Krug, Macco, Novak, Nygren, Petersen, Petryk, Rodriguez, Sargent, Steffen, Thiesfeldt and Tittl; cosponsored by Senators Tiffany, Roth, Erpenbach, Gudex, Nass, Vinehout and Lassa.
August 07, 2015 Referred to Committee on Workforce Development
September 15, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Petryk; Representatives Weatherston, Murphy, Kuglitsch, Katsma, Kulp, Brandtjen, Kitchens, Shankland, Riemer, Spreitzer and Bowen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (3) Representatives Ripp, Bernier and Kolste.
· Representative Amy Loudenbeck - 31st Assembly District
· Representative Joel Kitchens - 1st Assembly District
Appearances for Information Only
· Deputy Secretary Georgia Maxwell - Dept. of Workforce Development
· Legislative Liaison BJ Dernbach - Dept. of Workforce Development
· Senator Tom Tiffany - 12th Senate District
· George Klaetsch - WI Coalition for Consumer Choice
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1