1995 WISCONSIN ACT 53
An Act to create 973.06 (1) (am) of the statutes; relating to: reimbursing a law enforcement agency for certain expenses in drug violation investigations.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
973.06 (1) (am) of the statutes is created to read:
973.06 (1) (am) Moneys expended by a law enforcement agency under all of the following conditions:
1. The agency expended the moneys to purchase a controlled substance that was distributed in violation of ch. 161.
2. The moneys were expended in the course of an investigation that resulted in the defendant's conviction.
3. The moneys were used to obtain evidence of the defendant's violation of the law.
4. The agency has not previously been reimbursed or repaid for the expended moneys by the defendant.
(1) This act first applies to costs taxed on the effective date of this subsection.