1999 WISCONSIN ACT 4
An Act to amend 20.855 (3) (title) and 20.866 (2) (y); and to create 13.90 (9), 16.838 and 20.855 (3) (c) of the statutes; relating to: authorizing the completion of the capitol restoration project, historically significant furnishings, granting bonding authority and making appropriations.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
13.90 (9) of the statutes is created to read:
13.90 (9) The joint committee on legislative organization may direct the department of administration to take possession of any furnishing to which the department has title under s. 16.838 (2), to restore any furnishing in the department's possession, if necessary, and to locate any such furnishing at the place in the capitol building specified by the committee.
16.838 of the statutes is created to read:
16.838 Historically significant furnishings. (1) Definitions. In this section:
(a) "Agency" has the meaning given in s. 16.045 (1) (a).
(b) "Authority" means a body created under ch. 231, 232, 233, 234 or 235.
(c) "Historically significant furnishings" means furniture, fixtures, decorative objects or other items that are or were associated with the current or any prior state capitol and that possess historical significance.
(2) Title. Title to historically significant furnishings in the possession of any agency or authority, including the senate and assembly, is vested in the department.
(3) Acquisition. The department may acquire any historically significant furnishing by purchase or gift. The department shall pay for any such furnishing from the appropriation under s. 20.855 (3) (c).
(4) Transfer of possession. The department shall take possession of historically significant furnishings to which the department has title whenever the department is directed to do so by the joint committee on legislative organization. If a ceding agency or authority requires a replacement for a furnishing that is transferred to the department's possession, the department shall pay for a suitable replacement from the appropriation under s. 20.855 (3) (c).
(5) Restoration. The department shall restore any historically significant furnishing in its possession prior to relocation of the furnishing to the capitol if the joint committee on legislative organization so directs. The department shall pay the cost of such restoration from the appropriation under s. 20.855 (3) (c).
(6) Location. The department shall locate historically significant furnishings in its possession at the places in the capitol specified by the joint committee on legislative organization.
20.005 (3) (schedule) of the statutes: at the appropriate place, insert the following amounts for the purposes indicated:
- See PDF for table
20.855 (3) (title) of the statutes is amended to read:
20.855 (3) (title) Relocation Capitol renovation expenses.
20.855 (3) (c) of the statutes is created to read:
20.855 (3) (c) Historically significant furnishings. Biennially, the amounts in the schedule for the acquisition, restoration and replacement by the department of administration of historically significant furnishings under s. 16.838.
20.866 (2) (y) of the statutes is amended to read:
20.866 (2) (y) Building commission; housing state departments and agencies. From the capital improvement fund, a sum sufficient to the building commission for the purpose of housing state departments and agencies. The state may contract public debt in an amount not to exceed $259,727,600 $319,227,600 for this purpose.
Nonstatutory provisions; building commission.
(1) 1997-99 State building program additions.
In 1997 Wisconsin Act 27
, section 9107 (1)
, the following project is added to the 1997-99 state building program and the appropriate totals are increased by the amounts shown:
- See PDF for table
(1) The treatment of section 20.855 (3) (c) of the statutes and the schedule under section 20.005 (3) of the statutes by this act is in addition to any treatment of those provisions by the acts of 1999.
(1) In the schedule under section 20.005 (3) of the statutes for the appropriation to the joint committee on finance under section 20.865 (4) (a) of the statutes, as affected by the acts of 1999, the dollar amount is increased by $400,000 for fiscal year 1999-00 to increase funding for the purpose for which the appropriation is made.