2005 WISCONSIN ACT 345
An Act to create 167.31 (4) (bt) of the statutes; relating to: authorizing a person to transport an unencased firearm in a motor vehicle under certain circumstances.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
167.31 (4) (bt) of the statutes is created to read:
167.31 (4) (bt) Subsection (2) (b) does not apply to the placement, possession, or transportation of an unloaded firearm in or on a vehicle if all of the following apply:
1. The vehicle is a self-propelled motor vehicle with 4 rubber-tired wheels.
2. The vehicle is not certified by the manufacturer for on-road use.
3. The vehicle is not an all-terrain vehicle, as defined in s. 340.01 (2) (g).
4. The vehicle is being used to transport individuals involved in sport shooting activities at sport shooting ranges, as defined in s. 895.527 (1), and is not being used to transport individuals involved in hunting.
5. The vehicle is being operated entirely on private property and is not being operated in the right-of-way of any highway.