2011 - 2012 LEGISLATURE
SENATE AMENDMENT 2,
TO SENATE SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT 1,
TO 2011 SENATE BILL 93
May 25, 2011 - Offered by Senators
Risser and Erpenbach.
"2m. Any building or part of a building that is used for correctional services for 9
adults or juveniles or for treatment services for persons who are involuntarily 10
"5. The state capitol building or the state capitol park.
6. Any building or portion of a building that is owned, occupied, or controlled 4
by the state or any political subdivision of the state.
7. A clinic or office that is used by a physician licensed under ch. 448 or a 6
building or portion of a building used by a health care facility, as defined in s. 150.84 7
8. Any church, synagogue, mosque, or other building, structure, or place 9
primarily used for religious worship or another religious purpose.
9. A building or any portion of a building that is used for a domestic violence 11
victim services program or by an organization that provides a safe haven for victims 12
of domestic violence.
10. A place that is on the grounds of a University of Wisconsin institution or 14
extension, a private college or university, or a technical college district.
11. Any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been 16
issued under ch. 125.
12. Any building or part of a building that is used to provide child care services, 18
except that, if the building is a residence and the owner is a licensee, any weapon 19
must be unloaded and securely locked or encased during the hours in which children 20
are present for the child care services.
13. Any building or part of a building that is used as a nonprofit organization 22
as described in section 501
(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
14. Any venue, or stadium at which public sporting events or public concerts 2
are held or any amusement park, except if an event related to firearms is taking place 3
and the weapon is being used at the event.
15. Any place that is a state, county, or municipal park.
16. Any building or part of a building where bingo or a raffle under ch. 563 is 6
conducted, where a lottery under ch. 565 is conducted, or where a race under ch. 562 7
17. Any place that is within 1,000 feet of a polling place on an election day.".
"4. A weapon on the premises described under par. (a) 11. if the individual 13
carrying the weapon is the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any 14
employee or agent authorized to possess a weapon by the licensee, owner, or manager 15
of the premises.".
"(am) For the purposes of par. (a), an employer has notified an employee of the 18
prohibition if the employer posts a sign in a prominent place so that an employee can 19
reasonably be expected to see the sign or if the employer notifies the employee 20