2011 - 2012 LEGISLATURE
SENATE AMENDMENT 5,
TO SENATE SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT 2,
TO 2011 SENATE BILL 93
June 14, 2011 - Offered by Senators
Erpenbach and Risser.
"9. The state capitol building or the state capitol park.
10. Any building or portion of a building that is owned, occupied, or controlled 8
by the state or any political subdivision of the state.
11. A clinic or office that is used by a physician licensed under ch. 448 or a 10
building or portion of a building used by a health care facility, as defined in s. 150.84 11
12. Any church, synagogue, mosque, or other building, structure, or place 2
primarily used for religious worship or another religious purpose.
13. A building or any portion of a building that is used for a domestic violence 4
victim services program or by an organization that provides a safe haven for victims 5
of domestic violence.
14. A place that is on the grounds of a University of Wisconsin institution or 7
extension, a private college or university, or a technical college district.
15. Any premises for which a Class "B" or "Class B" license or permit has been 9
issued under ch. 125.
16. Any building or part of a building that is used to provide child care services, 11
except that, if the building is a residence and the owner is a licensee, any weapon that 12
is unloaded and securely locked or encased during the hours in which children are 13
present for the child care services.
17. Any building or part of a building that is used by a county department of 15
18. Any building or part of a building that is used as a nonprofit organization 17
as described in section 501
(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
19. Any venue, or stadium at which public sporting events or public concerts 19
are held or any amusement park, except that if an event related to firearms is taking 20
place and the weapon is being used at the event.
20. Any building or part of a building where bingo or a raffle under ch. 563 is 22
conducted, where a lottery under ch. 565 is conducted, or where a race under ch. 562 23
21. Any place that is within 1,000 feet of a polling place on an election day.
22. On any vehicle used for public transportation purposes.
23. Any public library.
24. Any common area in a building that is a residence that is not a 3
single-family residence if the actor does not own the residence or does not occupy any 4
part of the residence.".
"4. A weapon on the premises described under par. (a) 15. if the individual 7
carrying the weapon is the licensee, owner, or manager of the premises, or any 8
employee or agent authorized to possess a weapon by the licensee, owner, or manager 9
of the premises.".
12939.6185 Mandatory minimum sentence for illegally carrying a
13concealed weapon if previously convicted of violent felony.
If a person is 14
convicted of a violation of s. 941.23 (2d) and the person has been previously convicted 15
of a violent offense, as defined in s. 301.048 (2) (bm), the court shall impose a 16
bifurcated sentence under s. 973.01. The term of confinement in prison portion of the 17
bifurcated sentence shall be at least 3 years. Otherwise the penalties for the crime 18
apply, subject to any applicable penalty enhancement.
(e) 3. Any misdemeanor under s. 940.19 (1), 940.225 (3m), 940.32 21
(2), 940.42, 940.44, 941.20 (1), 941.23 (2)
, 941.235, 941.24 or 941.38 (3).".
Except as provided in sub. (2d), any
person, other than 2
one of the following, who carries a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a 3
Class A misdemeanor:".
A person who violates sub. (2), who is ineligible to possess a firearm 7
as indicated by a search in the national instant criminal background check system, 8
is guilty of a Class H felony.".
11941.2905 Straw purchase of firearm.
Whoever purchases a firearm for 12
a person knowing that the person is prohibited from possessing a firearm under s. 13
941.29 is guilty of a Class G felony.
A person who possesses a firearm in violation of s. 941.29 (2) is guilty of a 15
Class F felony if he or she knows that another person purchased the firearm for the 16
"1m. For purposes of sub. (1m) (c) 2. to 5. notice may be given as provided in 22
subd. 2. or personally, either orally or in writing.".