2013 WISCONSIN ACT 309
An Act to create 254.47 (5m) of the statutes; relating to: administration of medications at a camp.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
254.47 (5m) of the statutes is created to read:
254.47 (5m) (a) In this subsection, "qualified health services staff" means any of the following:
1. A physician.
2. A registered nurse licensed under ch. 441.
3. A physician assistant licensed under subch. II of ch. 448.
4. A practical nurse licensed under ch. 441.
5. An athletic trainer certified by the national athletic trainers association.
6. An emergency medical technician, as defined in s. 256.01 (5).
7. A person who is certified as completing the American Red Cross emergency response course.
8. A person who is certified as completing the American Red Cross responding to emergencies course or an equivalent course.
(b) For a camp that lasts longer than 3 days, the department shall allow qualified health services staff to designate an individual at the camp to administer to a camper, or staff member, who is under 18 years of age medications brought to the camp by that camper or staff member, other than medications that a camper or staff member may carry himself or herself.