2013 WISCONSIN ACT 42
An Act to create 49.795 (1) (dm) and 49.795 (7m) of the statutes; relating to: trafficking food stamp program benefits.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
49.795 (1) (dm) of the statutes is created to read:
49.795 (1) (dm) "Traffic food stamp program benefits" means to do any of the following:
1. Buy, sell, steal, or otherwise accomplish the exchange of, directly, indirectly, in collusion with others, or individually, food stamp program benefits issued and accessed through the electronic benefit transfer program under s. 49.797, or by manual voucher and signature, for cash or other consideration that is not food.
2. Exchange firearms, ammunition, explosives, or controlled substances, as defined in 21 USC 802
, for food stamp program benefits.
3. Use food stamp program benefits to purchase food that includes a container deposit for the sole purpose of discarding the container contents and returning the container for a cash refund of the deposit.
4. Resell food purchased with food stamp program benefits for the purpose of obtaining cash or other consideration that is not food.
5. Purchase, for cash or other consideration that is not food, food that was previously purchased from a supplier using food stamp program benefits.
6. Any other action that is trafficking under 7 USC 2011
49.795 (7m) of the statutes is created to read:
49.795 (7m) No person may knowingly traffic food stamp program benefits.
(1) This act first applies to acts that occur on the effective date of this subsection.