646.545 Individual placement and support. (1)
(a) The department shall 7
create all of the following regional centers for individual placement and support for 8
employment of individuals experiencing mental illness.
1. A northwestern Wisconsin region.
2. A south-central Wisconsin region.
3. A region consisting of a consortium of counties in northeastern Wisconsin.
4. A region consisting of a consortium of counties in central Wisconsin.
5. A region consisting of a consortium of counties in southeastern Wisconsin.
(b) The department shall ensure that each county in the state is served by one 15
of the regional centers created under par. (a).
(c) The department may contract with existing organizations or consortiums 17
to create any regional center.
The department shall ensure that each regional center created under sub. 19
(1) (a) has access to the services of all of the following:
(a) An individual placement and support trainer or mentor, who is responsible 21
for the duties required of a trainer or mentor by an evidence-based individual 22
placement and support model of supported employment.
(b) An individual placement and support supervisor who is responsible for the 24
duties required of a supervisor by an evidence-based individual placement and 25
support model of supported employment.
(a) The department shall award grants to county or tribal unit programs 2
or employment sites implementing individual placement and support services or 3
regional centers for any of the following activities:
1. Implementing individual placement and support programs.
2. Offsetting costs until a program is capable of billing the Medical Assistance 6
program for any services covered under the Medical Assistance program.
3. Becoming a provider of vocational rehabilitation services through the 8
department of workforce development.
(b) An applicant for a grant under this subsection shall, in the grant 10
application, identify future sources of possible funding to support the individual 11
placement and support services program.
The department and regional centers shall provide or arrange for work 13
incentive benefits counseling for individuals who are not receiving vocational 14
rehabilitation services from the department of workforce development.
The department shall seek any approval from the federal department of 16
health and human services that is necessary to obtain federal Medicaid matching 17
funds, if available, for reimbursement of individual placement and support services.
(1) Individual placement and support funding.
(a) In the 2013-2015 fiscal biennium, the department of health services shall 21
award grants and provide moneys for individual placement and support as described 22
under section 46.545 of the statutes to be distributed in all of the following 23
1. From the appropriation under section 20.435 (5) (ag) of the statutes, as 2
created by this act, support for individual placement and support trainers or mentors 3
and individual placement and support supervisors.
2. From the appropriation under section 20.435 (5) (br) of the statutes, as 5
created by this act, infrastructure pilot grants in the total amount of no more than 6
$400,000 to be distributed as described in paragraph (b
3. From the appropriation under section 20.435 (5) (br) of the statutes, as 8
created by this act, work incentive benefits counseling for individuals statewide in 9
the total amount of no more than $120,000.
(b) The department of health services shall award the grants under paragraph 11
. using a graduated outcome or incentive payment schedule including awarding 12
amounts for the satisfaction by the grant applicant of any of the following criteria:
1. Developing a steering committee, completing agreements with the 14
department of workforce development, becoming a vocational rehabilitation service 15
provider, hiring staff, and hosting an event indicating readiness to provide services.
2. Completing the baseline review within the first 6 months of the program.
3. Developing a plan for improvements and achieving a certain percentage, as 18
determined by the department of health services, of employees retained for a full 19
year who are hired under the program.
4. Achieving good fidelity to the evidence-based model.
This act takes effect on the day after publication, 22
except as follows:
(1) The repeal of section 20.435 (5) (ag) and (br) of the statutes takes effect on 24
July 1, 2015.