Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Criminal Justice
Assembly Bill 9
Relating to: law enforcement officers who are on duty, off-duty law enforcement officers, and former law enforcement officers and going armed with firearms.
By Representatives Kleefisch, Danou, Jacque, Mursau, Stroebel, Bernier, Born, Swearingen, A. Ott, Brooks, Tranel, Nerison, Bies, Weatherston, Kaufert, Thiesfeldt, Jagler, Schraa, T. Larson, Knodl and Czaja; cosponsored by Senators Gudex, L. Taylor and Kedzie.
September 04, 2013 Referred to Committee on Criminal Justice
October 10, 2013 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative Kleefisch; Representatives Spiros, Jacque, J. Ott, Bies, Kessler, Goyke and Johnson.
Absent: (1) Representative Severson.
Excused: (0) None.
· Joel Kleefisch - Representative - 38th Assembly District
· David Graves - Sheriff - Wisconsin Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Association
· Tom David - New Berlin Board of Education
Appearances for Information Only
· Rick Gudex - Senator - 18th Senate District
· JB Van Hollen - Attorney General - Wisconsin Department of Justice
· Alice O'Connor - Wisconsin Chiefs of Police
· Mark Wadium - Outagamie Board of Supervisors
· Ryan Zukowski - Wisconsin Troopers Association
Registrations for Information Only
· Brian O'Keefe - Wisconsin Department of Justice
· Dan Rossmiller - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
April 08, 2014 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1