Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on State and Local Finance
Assembly Bill 522
Relating to: requiring a city, village, town, or county to share with overlying taxation jurisdictions certain payments for potential services received from a tax-exempt entity.
By Representatives Weatherston, Bies, T. Larson, A. Ott and Smith; cosponsored by Senators Tiffany, Hansen, Lehman and Schultz.
November 22, 2013 Referred to Committee on State and Local Finance
January 08, 2014 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Representative Stroebel; Representatives Born, Kestell, Weatherston, Nass, Tauchen, Zepnick, Hintz and Berceau.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Kyle Christianson - Wisconsin Counties Association
· Tom Weatherston - Representative - 62nd Assembly District
· Eric Peterson - Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele
· Dan Rossmiller - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
· Jim Ladwig - County Executive - County of Racine
· Curt Witynski - League of Wisconsin Municipalities
· Thomas Ratzlaff - Mayor - City of Park Falls
· Mark Clear - Alderman City of Madison
· Evelyn Johnson - City of Fort Atkinson
· John Weidl - Village of Mukwonago
Appearances for Information Only
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Paul Gabriel - Wisconsin Technical College District Board Association
· Tom Tiffant - Senator - 12th Senate District
· Kevin Crawford - Former Mayor - City of Manitowoc
· Nick Zavos - City of Madison
· Pauline de Haan - City of Milwaukee
· Forbes McIntosh - Dane County Cities & Villages Association
· Kathy Ehley - Mayor - City of Wauwatosa
Registrations for Information Only
April 08, 2014 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1