2015 WISCONSIN ACT 388
(Vetoed in Part)
An Act to create 20.455 (2) (kr), 165.95 (3) (cd) and 165.95 (3) (cg) of the statutes; relating to: treatment and diversion programs and making an appropriation.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
20.455 (2) (kr) of the statutes is created to read:
20.455 (2) (kr) Alternatives to prosecution and incarceration for persons who use alcohol or other drugs; grants. All moneys transferred under 2015 Wisconsin Act .... (this act), section 5 (1) for making grants to counties under s. 165.95 (2).
165.95 (3) (cd) of the statutes is created to read:
165.95 (3) (cd) Subject to par. (cg), the program does not prohibit a person from beginning or continuing participation in the program because he or she uses a medication that is approved by the federal food and drug administration for the treatment of his or her substance use disorder.
165.95 (3) (cg) of the statutes is created to read:
165.95 (3) (cg) The program allows a participant to use a medication that is approved by the federal food and drug administration if all of the following are true:
1. A licensed health care provider, acting in the scope of his or her practice, has examined the person and determined that the person's use of the medication is an appropriate treatment for the person's substance use disorder.
2. The medication was appropriately prescribed by a person authorized to prescribe medication in the state.
3. The person is using the medication as prescribed as part of treatment for a diagnosed substance use disorder.
(1) Treatment and diversion program grants. Notwithstanding section 16.42 (1) (e) of the statutes, in submitting information under section 16.42 of the statutes for purposes of the 2017-19 biennial budget bill, the department of administration shall submit information concerning the appropriation under section 20.455 (2) (em) of the statutes as though the amounts in the schedule under section 20.005 (3) of the statutes for the appropriation under section 20.455 (2) (em) is $2,000,000 higher in each fiscal year than the amounts identified in the schedule under section 20.005 (3) of the statutes for fiscal year 2016-17.
(1) Treatment and diversion programs; transfer. There is transferred from the unencumbered balance in the appropriation account under section 20.435 (2) (gk) of the statutes to the appropriation account under section 20.455 (2) (kr) of the statutes $2,000,000 in fiscal year 2016-17.