Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Corrections
Assembly Bill 51
Relating to: creating family treatment court and juvenile treatment court grant programs in the department of children and families and making an appropriation.
By Joint Legislative Council.
February 17, 2015 Referred to Committee on Corrections
September 10, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative Hutton; Representatives Brandtjen, Gannon, E. Brooks, Nygren, Kleefisch, Barnes and Bowen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Pope.
· Representative Evan Goyke - Assembly District 18
· Judge Elliot Levine
· Judge Kathryn Foster
· Rebecca Foley - Milwaukee County Family Drug Treatment Court
· Sara Scullen - Children's Court Judiciary
· Jim Moeser - Wisconsin Council on Children and Families
· Pastor Joe Elwanger - MICAH/WISDOM
· Charles Hampton - MICAH/WISDOM/Table of Saints
Appearances for Information Only
· Rebecca Mather - Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board
· Assistant District Attorney Troy Cross
· Representative Warren Petryk - 93rdb Assembly District
· Kelli Thompson - State Public Defenders
· Crystal Hester - National Alliance on Mental Illness - Wisconsin
· Stacey Mohr - National Alliance on Menatl Illness - Wisconsin
· Nancy Rottier - Legislative Committee of Judicial Conference
· Garey Bies
· Shel Gross - Mental Health America of Wisconsin
Registrations for Information Only
February 02, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (8) Representative Hutton; Representatives Brandtjen, Gannon, Nygren, Kleefisch, Barnes, Pope and Bowen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative E. Brooks.
Moved by Representative Barnes, seconded by Representative Pope that Assembly Amendment 1 be recommended for adoption.
Ayes: (7) Representative Hutton; Representatives Brandtjen, Gannon, Nygren, Barnes, Pope and Bowen.
Noes: (1) Representative Kleefisch.
ASSEMBLY AMENDMENT 1 ADOPTION RECOMMENDED, Ayes 7, Noes 1
Moved by Representative Kleefisch, seconded by Representative Brandtjen that Assembly Bill 51 be recommended for passage as amended.
Ayes: (8) Representative Hutton; Representatives Brandtjen, Gannon, Nygren, Kleefisch, Barnes, Pope and Bowen.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE AS AMENDED RECOMMENDED, Ayes 8, Noes 0