Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Financial Institutions
Assembly Bill 59
Relating to: creation of a category of business corporation identified as a benefit corporation.
By Representatives Kooyenga, Hesselbein, Macco, Johnson, Goyke, Knudson, Sanfelippo, Subeck, Kleefisch, C. Taylor, Kulp, Doyle, Kahl, Quinn, Knodl, Ripp, Genrich, Barca, Berceau, Kremer, Zamarripa, Spreitzer, Hintz and Hebl; cosponsored by Senators Darling, Wirch, Lassa, Ringhand and Olsen.
February 23, 2015 Referred to Committee on Financial Institutions
January 27, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (16) Representative Craig; Representatives Katsma, Jarchow, Sanfelippo, Born, Ballweg, Weatherston, Murphy, Petersen, Kitchens, Doyle, Zepnick, Genrich, Sargent, Johnson and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Representative Dale Kooyenga - 14th State Assembly District
· Representative Dianne Hesselbein - 79th State Assembly District
· Alder Maurice Cheeks - Madison City Council
Appearances for Information Only
· Assistant Deputy Secretary Alex Ignatowski - Department of Financial Institutions
· Sr. Director, Government Relations Jason Culotta - Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1