Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mental Health Reform
Assembly Bill 784
Relating to: funding for the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Hesselbein, Czaja, Rohrkaste, Bernier, Novak, Katsma, Tittl, Brostoff, Meyers, Jagler, Kolste, Macco, Skowronski, Petryk, Swearingen, Kleefisch, Quinn, Kitchens, Kahl, A. Ott, Ripp, Zepnick, Spiros, Subeck, E. Brooks, Sargent, Kulp, Ballweg, Nygren, Ohnstad, Johnson, Sanfelippo, Allen, Considine, Berceau, Spreitzer, Knodl, Murphy, Steineke, Sinicki and Born; cosponsored by Senators Carpenter and C. Larson.
January 22, 2016 Referred to Committee on Mental Health Reform
January 25, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Sanfelippo, Rohrkaste, VanderMeer, Considine, Riemer, Sargent and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Rodriguez.
· Representative Diane Hesselbein - 79th District
· Jon Hoelter - Department of Health Services
· Helen Marks Dicks - AARP WI
· Janet Zander - Greater WI Agency on Aging Resources
· Tom Hlavacek - Alzheimer's Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Representative Mike Rohrkaste - 55th Assembly District
· Representative Debra Kolste - 44th Assembly District
· Senator Tim Carpenter
· Rob Gunderman - ADAW
· Tim McGinn - Wi Health Care/WiCAL
· Jenifer Fischer Kamenick - Aging and Disability Professionals Association of Wisconsin
· Susan Fadness - AARP
· James Lamont - AARP
· Tom Frazier - WI Aging Advocacy Network
· Wilma Lamont - AARP
· George Senteney - AARP
· Richard Crary - AARP
Registrations for Information Only
February 01, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (10) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Novak, Rohrkaste, VanderMeer, Rodriguez, Considine, Riemer, Sargent and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Ballweg and Sanfelippo.
Moved by Representative Sargent, seconded by Representative Novak that Assembly Bill 784 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (10) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Novak, Rohrkaste, VanderMeer, Rodriguez, Considine, Riemer, Sargent and Brostoff.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 10, Noes 0