Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mental Health Reform
Assembly Bill 790
Relating to: dementia training grants for mobile crisis teams and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Jagler, Brostoff, Rohrkaste, Hesselbein, Bernier, Novak, Katsma, Tittl, Czaja, Kolste, Meyers, Macco, Skowronski, Petryk, Swearingen, Steineke, Kleefisch, Quinn, Kitchens, Jorgensen, Kahl, A. Ott, Ripp, Zepnick, Spiros, Sargent, Kulp, Ballweg, Nygren, Tranel, Berceau, Sanfelippo, Milroy, Knodl, Subeck, Murphy, E. Brooks, Ohnstad, Johnson, Sinicki, Born and Spreitzer; cosponsored by Senators Carpenter, Hansen and C. Larson.
January 22, 2016 Referred to Committee on Mental Health Reform
January 25, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Sanfelippo, Rohrkaste, VanderMeer, Considine, Riemer, Sargent and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Rodriguez.
· Representative John Jagler - 37th Assembly District
· Representative Jonathan Brostoff - 19th Assembly District
· Helen Marks Dicks - AARP WI
· Janet Zander - Greater WI Agency on Aging Resources
· Tom Hlavacek - Alzheimer's Association
· Jon Hoelter - Department of Health Services
Appearances for Information Only
· Representative Mike Rohrkaste - 55th Assembly District
· Representative Debra Kolste - 44th Assembly District
· Senator Tim Carpenter
· Rob Gunderman - ADAW
· Tim McGinn - Wi Health Care/WiCAL
· Jenifer Fischer Kamenick - Aging and Disability Professionals Association of Wisconsin
· Susan Fadness - AARP
· James Lamont - AARP
· Tom Frazier - WI Aging Advocacy Network
· Wilma Lamont - AARP
· George Senteney - AARP
· Richard Crary - AARP
Registrations for Information Only
February 01, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (10) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Novak, Rohrkaste, VanderMeer, Rodriguez, Considine, Riemer, Sargent and Brostoff.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Ballweg and Sanfelippo.
Moved by Representative Rohrkaste, seconded by Representative Sargent that Assembly Bill 790 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (10) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Novak, Rohrkaste, VanderMeer, Rodriguez, Considine, Riemer, Sargent and Brostoff.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 10, Noes 0