Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mining and Rural Development
Assembly Bill 799
Relating to: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics grants for rural school districts, providing an exemption from emergency rule procedures, requiring the exercise of rule-making authority, and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Tranel, Quinn, E. Brooks, Novak, Nerison, Swearingen, Bernier, Petryk, Edming, Krug, Macco, Kitchens, T. Larson, Horlacher, Mursau, Spiros, Murtha, Murphy, Kulp, VanderMeer, Tauchen, A. Ott, Ballweg, Czaja and Ripp; cosponsored by Senators Tiffany and Moulton.
January 22, 2016 Referred to Committee on Mining and Rural Development
February 04, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (13) Representative Kulp; Representatives Mursau, Novak, Quinn, VanderMeer, E. Brooks, T. Larson, Kremer, Milroy, Danou, Billings, Considine and Spreitzer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Bernier and Krug.
· Representative Travis Tranel - 49th Assembly District
· Senator Tom Tiffany - 12th Senate District
· Kara O'Connor - Wisconsin Farmers Union
Appearances for Information Only
· Representative Ed Brooks - 50th Assembly District
· Representative Romaine Quinn - 75th Assembly District
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Chris Kulow - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
· Kim Kaukl - Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance
· Representative Kathy Bernier - 68th Assembly District
Registrations for Information Only
February 10, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (15) Representative Kulp; Representatives Mursau, Bernier, Novak, Quinn, VanderMeer, E. Brooks, Krug, T. Larson, Kremer, Milroy, Danou, Billings, Considine and Spreitzer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Representative Larson, seconded by Representative VanderMeer that Assembly Bill 799 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (11) Representative Kulp; Representatives Mursau, Bernier, Novak, Quinn, VanderMeer, E. Brooks, Krug, T. Larson, Considine and Spreitzer.
Noes: (4) Representatives Kremer, Milroy, Danou and Billings.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 11, Noes 4