Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mining and Rural Development
Assembly Bill 798
Relating to: funding for broadband expansion grants and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Quinn, E. Brooks, Tranel, Petryk, Ballweg, Bernier, Czaja, Edming, Kitchens, Krug, Kulp, T. Larson, Mursau, Murtha, Nerison, Novak, Ripp, Spiros, Swearingen, Tauchen, VanderMeer, Milroy and Skowronski; cosponsored by Senator Tiffany.
January 22, 2016 Referred to Committee on Mining and Rural Development
February 04, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (13) Representative Kulp; Representatives Mursau, Novak, Quinn, VanderMeer, E. Brooks, T. Larson, Kremer, Milroy, Danou, Billings, Considine and Spreitzer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Bernier and Krug.
· Representative Romaine Quinn - 75th Assembly District
· Kara O'Connor - Wisconsin Farmers Union
Appearances for Information Only
· Representative Ed Brooks - 50th Assembly District
· Representative Travis Tranel - 49th Assembly District
· Representative Kathy Bernier - 68th Assembly District
· Chris Kulow - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Brian Dake - Wisconsin Independent Business
· Drew Peterson - TDS
· Kim Kaukl - Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance
· Kathi Kilgore - WI Hotel & Lodging Association
· Senator Tom Tiffany - 12th Senate District
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1