Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Transportation
Assembly Bill 198
Relating to: the use of a cellular or other wireless telephone while driving a motor vehicle in a construction zone and providing a penalty.
By Representatives Spiros, Berceau, Billings, E. Brooks, Edming, Kahl, Kessler, Krug, Kulp, T. Larson, Murphy, Ohnstad, Petryk, Quinn, Spreitzer and Subeck; cosponsored by Senators Petrowski, Bewley, Carpenter, Cowles, Gudex, Marklein and Olsen.
May 05, 2015 Referred to Committee on Transportation
May 12, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (15) Representative Ripp; Representatives Spiros, Thiesfeldt, Weatherston, A. Ott, Sanfelippo, Vorpagel, T. Larson, Swearingen, Macco, Kahl, Danou, Kolste, Bowen and Meyers.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Representative John Spiros
· Bill Skewes - Wisconsin Utilities Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Jerry Petrowski
· Ernie Winters - Winnebago County Highway Department
· Jim Greisbach - Marathon County Highway Commissioner
· Andy Franken - Wisconsin Insurance Alliance
· Amy Boyer - AAA Wisconsin
· Ron Chamberlain - Lacrosse County Highway Department
· Mike Koles - Wisconsin Towns Association
· Daniel Bahr - Wisconsin Counties Association
· Daniel Fedderly - Wisconsin County Highway Association
· Matt Banaszynski - Independent Insurance Agents of Wisconsin
· Kristin Gilkes - Alliant Energy
· Representative Bob Gannon
Registrations for Information Only
May 26, 2015 Executive Session Held
Present: (12) Representative Ripp; Representatives Spiros, Thiesfeldt, A. Ott, Vorpagel, T. Larson, Swearingen, Macco, Kahl, Danou, Bowen and Meyers.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (3) Representatives Weatherston, Sanfelippo and Kolste.
Moved by Representative Larson, seconded by Representative Spiros that Assembly Bill 198 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (12) Representative Ripp; Representatives Spiros, Thiesfeldt, A. Ott, Vorpagel, T. Larson, Swearingen, Macco, Kahl, Danou, Bowen and Meyers.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 12, Noes 0