Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Labor and Government Reform
Senate Bill 5
Relating to: the provision by employers to employees of written disclosure statements of the terms of employment, the filing and investigation of wage claims, the statute of limitations for filing a wage claim action, the payment of interest, penalties, and surcharges on wage claims, occupational or professional licensing of employers that owe wages under wage claim judgments, and making an appropriation.
By Senators Wirch, Carpenter, Hansen, Harris Dodd, Risser, L. Taylor and Lassa; cosponsored by Representatives Ohnstad, Barca, Barnes, Berceau, Bowen, Brostoff, Hesselbein, Mason, Milroy, Sargent, Subeck, Sinicki and Zamarripa.
January 16, 2015 Referred to Committee on Labor and Government Reform
September 15, 2015 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Nass; Senators Wanggaard, Marklein, Wirch and C. Larson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Sen. Bob Wirch - 22nd State Senate District
· Stephanie Bloomingdale - WI State AFL-CIO
· James Buchen - WMC
· Chris Reader - WMC
Appearances for Information Only
· Jim Chiolino - Department of Workforce Development
· BJ Dernbach - Department of Workforce Development
· Rep. Tod Ohnstad - 65th Assembly District
· Mike Semmann - WI Bankers' Assn
· Jon Turke - WI Bankers' Assn
· Bill Smith - National Federation of Independent Business-WI
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1