2017 WISCONSIN ACT 177
An Act to amend 183.0114 (1) (a); and to create 183.0114 (2m) of the statutes; relating to: the fee for filing limited liability company articles of organization with the Department of Financial Institutions.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
183.0114 (1) (a) of the statutes is amended to read:
183.0114 (1) (a) Articles
Except as provided in sub. (2m), articles of organization, $130.
183.0114 (2m) of the statutes is created to read:
183.0114 (2m) (a) In this subsection, “student entrepreneur" means a student to whom all of the following apply:
1. The student is enrolled in a postsecondary institution in this state.
2. The student is an organizer of a limited liability company or will be a member of the limited liability company upon its formation, and the limited liability company is being formed as a business start-up.
3. The student is at least 18 years of age.
(b) The department may not collect a fee for filing articles of organization if all of the following apply:
1. All members of the limited liability company, upon its formation, are student entrepreneurs.
2. If the limited liability company is formed by any organizer who will not become a member of the limited liability company upon its formation, all such organizers of the limited liability company are student entrepreneurs.
(1) This act first applies to articles of organization filed on the effective date of this subsection.
(1) This act takes effect on the first day of the 2nd month beginning after publication.