15.107 (19) Interagency council on homelessness. There is created an interagency council on homelessness, attached to the department of administration under s. 15.03. The council shall appoint a director, to serve at the pleasure of the council, who shall be known as the state director to prevent and end homelessness. The director shall coordinate the activities of the council and partner organizations. The council shall meet quarterly and may meet at other times on the call of the chairperson or a majority of its members. The council shall consist of the following members:
(a) The governor, or his or her designee, who shall serve as chairperson.
(b) The secretary of administration, or his or her designee.
(c) The executive director of the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority, or his or her designee.
(d) The secretary of health services, or his or her designee.
(e) The secretary of children and families, or his or her designee.
(f) The secretary of workforce development, or his or her designee.
(g) The secretary of veterans affairs, or his or her designee.
(h) The secretary of corrections, or his or her designee.
(i) The state superintendent of public instruction, or his or her designee.
(j) One representative from each of the following organizations:
1. Wisconsin Balance of State Continuum of Care, Inc., or its successor.
2. Milwaukee Continuum of Care, or its successor.
3. Continuum of Care for the City and County of Racine, U.A., or its successor.
4. Homeless Services Consortium of Dane County, or its successor.
16.03 of the statutes is created to read:
16.03 Interagency council on homelessness. (1) Definitions. In this section:
(a) “Council” means the interagency council on homelessness.
(b) “State agency” means each agency specified under s. 15.107 (19) (b) to (i).
(2) Responsibilities. The council shall do all of the following:
(a) Establish and periodically review a statewide policy with the purpose of preventing and ending homelessness in this state.
(b) Designate individuals from each agency or organization represented on the council, who shall meet at least twice quarterly, to coordinate the implementation of policy established by the council under par. (a).
(c) Submit a report on the activities of the council to the governor and to the chief clerk of each house of the legislature, for distribution to the appropriate standing committees under s. 13.172 (3). The council shall determine the frequency of the report and schedule for submitting the report, but may not submit the report less frequently than annually.
(3) State agencies shall cooperate with the council and individuals designated under sub. (2) (b) in the implementation of the policy established under sub. (2) (a).
20.005 (3) (schedule) of the statutes: at the appropriate place, insert the following amounts for the purposes indicated:
- See PDF for table
20.505 (4) (f) of the statutes is created to read:
20.505 (4) (f) Interagency council on homelessness operations. The amounts in the schedule for general program operations of the interagency council on homelessness.
20.923 (6) (aj) of the statutes is created to read:
20.923 (6) (aj) Administration, department of; interagency council on homelessness: director.
230.08 (2) (ye) of the statutes is created to read:
230.08 (2) (ye) The director of the interagency council on homelessness in the department of administration.
(1) Position authorization. There is authorized for the interagency council on homelessness 1.0 FTE GPR director position to be funded from the appropriation under section 20.505 (4) (f) of the statutes.
(1) This act takes effect on the day after publication, or on the 2nd day after publication of the 2017 biennial budget act, whichever is later.