(g) A representative of the trucking industry.
(h) Three or more members from the automated and connected vehicle technology sector.
4. The Steering Committee shall include the following members of the Wisconsin State Legislature:
(a) Two representatives selected by the Assembly Speaker.
(b) Two senators selected by the Senate Majority Leader.
(c) One representative selected by the Assembly Minority Leader.
(d) One senator selected by the Senate Minority Leader.
5. The Steering Committee shall be chaired by the Secretary of the Department of Transportation, or designee.
6. The Steering Committee shall have the following mission:
(a) Identify all agencies of the State of Wisconsin with pertinent jurisdiction to support the testing and deployment of automated and connected vehicles.
(b) Coordinate with the identified agencies and discuss how best to administer the testing and study of autonomous and connected vehicles on roads in relation to issues such as vehicle registration, licensing, insurance, traffic regulations, equipment standards, and vehicle owner or operator responsibilities and liabilities under current law.
(c) Review existing state statutes and administrative code and identify specific laws or rules that impede the testing and deployment of automated and connected vehicles on roads.
(d) Identify roads for designation as special corridors for automated and connected vehicle testing or operation innovation.
(e) Identify strategic partnerships to leverage the social, economic, and environmental benefits of automated and connected vehicle technology.
7. The Department of Transportation will provide staff support for the Steering Committee.
8. The Department of Transportation, with assistance from other state agencies, shall produce a final report containing the Steering Committee's findings and recommendations and shall submit the final report to the Governor no later than June 30, 2018.
9. The Steering Committee shall dissolve following the submission of its final report.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Wisconsin to be affixed. Done at the Capitol in the City of Madison this eighteenth day of May, in the year two thousand seventeen.
By the Governor:
DOUGLAS LA FOLLETTE
Secretary of State