Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Agriculture
Assembly Bill 183
Relating to: growing and processing industrial hemp, granting rule-making authority, and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Kremer, Kulp, Krug, Allen, Bernier, Bowen, Brandtjen, R. Brooks, Crowley, Genrich, Jarchow, Kitchens, Kleefisch, Knodl, Kooyenga, Loudenbeck, Macco, Mursau, Nygren, Petryk, Pope, Quinn, Sargent, Schraa, Skowronski, Thiesfeldt, Tittl and Tusler; cosponsored by Senators Testin, Harsdorf, Vinehout, L. Taylor, Bewley, Craig, Feyen, Larson, Lasee, Moulton, Olsen and Tiffany.
March 28, 2017 Referred to Committee on Agriculture
November 08, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative Nerison; Representatives Novak, Ripp, Tranel, E. Brooks, Kitchens, VanderMeer, Mursau, Edming, Considine, Kessler, Spreitzer, Fields and Vruwink.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Tauchen and Horlacher.
· Sen. Patrick Testin - 24th Senate District
· Rep. Jesse Kremer - 59th Assembly District
· Elliot Stokes - Future Hemp Farmers of Wisconsin
· Paul Mahlberg
· Ken Anderson - Legacy Hemp, LLC
· Dee Spolum
· Carl Duley - UW Extension, Buffalo County
· Bob Dvorak
· Rob Richard - Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation
· Chris Wilkening - Blain's Farm and Fleet
· Marcus Grignon - Earth Island Institute/Hempstead Project
Appearances for Information Only
· Rep. Bob Kulp - 69th Assembly District
· Rep. Scott Krug - 72nd Assembly District
· John Jacobson - Wisconsin Property Taxpayers, Inc.
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1