Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Children and Families
Assembly Bill 779
Relating to: grant to organization to provide referrals to community-based services and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Crowley, Rodriguez, Billings, Katsma, Subeck, Kitchens, Doyle, Ballweg, Meyers, Novak, Snyder, Pronschinske, Barca, Jagler, Krug, Kulp, Petryk, Ripp, Rohrkaste, Sargent, Shankland, Sinicki, Steineke, Summerfield, Swearingen, Thiesfeldt, Tittl, Tranel, VanderMeer, Vruwink, Zamarripa and Stuck; cosponsored by Senators Olsen, Johnson, Larson, Ringhand, L. Taylor and Vinehout.
December 27, 2017 Referred to Committee on Children and Families
January 17, 2018 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Kitchens; Representatives Snyder, Vorpagel, Kerkman, Ballweg, Pronschinske, Krug, C. Taylor, Billings, Subeck and Bowen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Rep. David Crowley - 17th Assembly District
· Rep. Jessie Rodriguez - 21st Assembly District
· Sen. Luther Olsen - 14th Senate District
· John Hyatt - Impact 2-1-1
· Charlene Mouille - United Way
· Rick Spiel - United Way of Dane County
· Sarah Mumaw-Flury
· Jeff Sargent - United Way of Marathon County
· William Robbins
· Kim Knutson - Great Rivers 211 & Gundersen Health System
· David Lee - Feeding Wisconsin
· Kathy Mullooly - 211 Waukesha County
Appearances for Information Only
· Oriana Carey - Coalition for Children, Youth and Families
· Sarah Diedrick-Kesdorf - Wisconsin Counties Assn.
· Rachel Gundacker - United Way of Dane County
· Katie Herreu - WI County Human Service Assn.
· Maxine Jacobs
· Michelle Jensen - Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Board
· Kathy Markeland - WAFCA
· Kyle O'Brien - WI Hospital Assn.
· Karen Olson - La Crosse County
· Chuck Price - Waupaca County
· Earl Robert Waite
· Jason Witt - La Crosse County
Registrations for Information Only
January 31, 2018 Executive Session Held
Present: (10) Representative Kitchens; Representatives Snyder, Vorpagel, Kerkman, Ballweg, Pronschinske, Krug, C. Taylor, Subeck and Bowen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Billings.
Moved by Representative Kerkman, seconded by Representative Vorpagel that Assembly Bill 779 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (10) Representative Kitchens; Representatives Snyder, Vorpagel, Kerkman, Ballweg, Pronschinske, Krug, C. Taylor, Subeck and Bowen.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 10, Noes 0