Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Insurance
Assembly Bill 68
Relating to: self-insurance by religious sects for purposes of motor vehicle financial responsibility and liability insurance requirements.
By Representatives Kulp, Jacque, Ballweg, Bernier, Steffen, Kremer, Tittl, Kessler, Sinicki, Ripp, Fields, Quinn, Macco and Thiesfeldt; cosponsored by Senators Olsen, Moulton and Kapenga.
February 13, 2017 Referred to Committee on Insurance
April 20, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (14) Representative Petersen; Representatives Duchow, Steffen, Jagler, Tusler, Tranel, Katsma, August, Stafsholt, Genrich, Young, Berceau, Doyle and Kessler.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives Gannon and Petryk.
· Representative Robert Kulp - WI Assembly
· Edward Ker - Self
· Robert Zimmerman - North Central Region of the Mennonite Church
· Myron Horst - Mennonite Church
· Sam Grover - Freedom from Religion Foundation
· James Lake Martin - Gleason Mennonite Church
Appearances for Information Only
· Joseph Hush - Owen Mennonite Church
· Donald Rudolph - Atheas Mennonite Church
· Daniel Lynn Boll - Eastern Mennonite Church
· Lester W Eby - Mennonite Church
· David Beachy - Lakeside Mennonite Church
· Daniel Hershberger - Lakeside Mennonite Church
· Alvin Horning - Mennonite Church
· Matthew Shiile - Self
· Wendell Horst - Mennonites Nationwide Fellowship Churches
· Timothy Leinbach - Mennonites at Redgranite
· Clyde Martin - Mennonite Church
· Glenn Brubacker - Meadow Springs Vehicle Aid
· James Byler - Thorpe Mennonite Church
· Marvin Martin - Mennonite Church
· Elvin H Snyder - Mennonite Church
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1