Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Local Government
Assembly Bill 70
Relating to: publication of proceedings of meetings held by certain governmental bodies.
By Representatives Thiesfeldt, Fields, Bernier, E. Brooks, R. Brooks, Considine, Duchow, Felzkowski, Gannon, Horlacher, Hutton, Jacque, Jarchow, Kooyenga, Kremer, Krug, Kuglitsch, Kulp, Murphy, Mursau, Nygren, Pronschinske, Ripp, Rodriguez, Rohrkaste, Sanfelippo, Schraa, Sinicki, Skowronski, Snyder, Stuck and Tittl; cosponsored by Senators Stroebel, L. Taylor, Feyen, Wanggaard, Nass, Craig, Larson, Darling, Lasee and Kapenga.
February 13, 2017 Referred to Committee on Local Government
March 08, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative E. Brooks; Representatives Novak, Duchow, Steffen, Skowronski, Subeck, Berceau and Spreitzer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Ripp.
· Rep. Jeremy Thiesfeldt - Assembly District 52
· Dan Rossmiller - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
· Curt Witynski - League of Wisconsin Municipalities
· Brett Hyde - Muskego-Norway School Board
· Helen Marks Dicks - AARP Wisconsin
· Robb Grindstaff - W.D. Hoard Publishing
· Andrew Johnson - Dodge County Pionier
· Beth Bennett - Wisconsin Newspaper Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Rep. Rob Brooks - Assembly District 60
· Kyle Christianson - Wisconsin Counties Association
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Forbes McIntosh - Dane County Cities and Villages Association
· Layla Merrifield - Wisconsin Technical College District Boards Association
· Sen. Duey Stroebel - Senate District 20
· Mark Wadium - Outagamie County Board of Supervisors
· Katie White - Milwaukee Area Technical College & Southeastern Wisconsin Schools Alliance
· John Ingebritsen - Morris Newspapers & Wisconsin Newspaper Association president
Registrations for Information Only
November 15, 2017 Executive Session Held
Present: (8) Representative E. Brooks; Representatives Ripp, Novak, Duchow, Steffen, Skowronski, Berceau and Spreitzer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Subeck.
Moved by Representative Duchow, seconded by Representative Steffen that Assembly Substitute Amendment 1 be recommended for adoption.
Ayes: (7) Representative E. Brooks; Representatives Ripp, Duchow, Steffen, Skowronski, Berceau and Spreitzer.
Noes: (1) Representative Novak.
ASSEMBLY SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT 1 ADOPTION RECOMMENDED, Ayes 7, Noes 1
Moved by Representative Duchow, seconded by Representative Steffen that Assembly Bill 70 be recommended for passage as amended.
Ayes: (5) Representative E. Brooks; Representatives Ripp, Duchow, Steffen and Skowronski.
Noes: (3) Representatives Novak, Berceau and Spreitzer.
PASSAGE AS AMENDED RECOMMENDED, Ayes 5, Noes 3