Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Local Government
Assembly Bill 307
Relating to: competitive bidding thresholds and requiring school districts to utilize competitive bidding.
By Representatives R. Brooks, Macco, Quinn, Horlacher, Brandtjen, Kulp, Petersen, Gannon, Thiesfeldt, Tittl, Kleefisch, E. Brooks, Spiros, Ripp, Schraa, Kremer, Krug, Rohrkaste, Katsma, Steffen, Tauchen and Wichgers; cosponsored by Senators Stroebel, LeMahieu, Olsen, Feyen, Kapenga, Cowles and Tiffany.
May 08, 2017 Referred to Committee on Local Government
July 12, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative E. Brooks; Representatives Ripp, Novak, Duchow, Steffen, Skowronski, Subeck and Berceau.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Spreitzer.
· Rep. Robert Brooks - Assembly District 60
· Rep. John Macco - Assembly District 88
· Jolene Plautz - Wisconsin Towns Association
· Curt Witynski - League of Wisconsin Municipalities
· Scott Botcher - Village of Fox Point
· Todd Schmidt - Village of Waunakee
· Gregg Moore - Eau Claire County
· Joshua Schoemann - Washington County
· Barrett Genson - Self
· Steve Jacquart - Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
· Jeff Spence - Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
· Randy Guttenberg - Waunakee Community School District
· Julie Waner - Waunakee Community School District
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance
· Dan Ross - Self
Appearances for Information Only
· Eric Bott - Americans for Prosperity Wisconsin
· Eric Peterson - Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele
· Marcie Rainbolt - Wisconsin Counties Association
· Sen. Duey Stroebel - Senate District 20
· Mark Wadium - Outagamie County Board of Supervisors
· Deputy Mayor for Government Relations Nicholas Zavos - City of Madison
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1