Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mental Health
Assembly Bill 938
Relating to: grants to the Center for Suicide Awareness, Inc., and making an appropriation.
By Representatives Rohrkaste, Steineke, Jacque, Shankland, Anderson, Ballweg, Sinicki, Zepnick, Tittl, Spreitzer, Tusler, Berceau, Spiros, Mursau and VanderMeer; cosponsored by Senators L. Taylor, Darling, Bewley, Petrowski, Erpenbach, Carpenter, Shilling and Testin.
February 09, 2018 Referred to Committee on Mental Health
February 19, 2018 Public Hearing Held
Present: (9) Representative Tittl; Representatives Ballweg, Sanfelippo, Snyder, Spiros, Considine, Sargent, Brostoff and Stuck.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (3) Representatives Jagler, Novak and VanderMeer.
· State Representative Mike Rohrkaste - 55th Assembly District
· Shel Gross - Mental Health America of Wisconsin
· Leah Rolando
· Barb Bigalke - Center for Suicide Awareness
· Mark Mullins - Hopeline
· Mike Crum - Center for Suicide Awareness
· Police Officer Andy Naylor - City of Madison Police Department
Appearances for Information Only
· Nick Levendofsky - Wisconsin Farmers Union
· State Representative Jim Steineke - 5th Assembly District
· State Senator Lena Taylor - 4th Senate District
· Richard Thibert
· Dee Pettack - State of Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
· Kimberly Wadas - Wisconsin Catholic Conference
Registrations for Information Only
February 20, 2018 Executive Session Held
Present: (11) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Sanfelippo, Snyder, Spiros, Considine, Sargent, Brostoff and Stuck.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative VanderMeer.
Moved by Representative Spiros, seconded by Representative Jagler that Assembly Bill 938 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (11) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Sanfelippo, Snyder, Spiros, Considine, Sargent, Brostoff and Stuck.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 11, Noes 0