Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs
Assembly Bill 436
Relating to: reducing the eligibility threshold to claim the veterans and surviving spouses property tax credit.
By Representatives Jacque, Skowronski, Crowley, Brandtjen, Kulp, Mursau, Tranel and Tusler; cosponsored by Senators Wanggaard, L. Taylor and Johnson.
July 14, 2017 Referred to Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs
November 16, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (12) Representative Skowronski; Representatives VanderMeer, Petryk, Allen, Edming, Summerfield, Ott, Tittl, Weatherston, Sinicki, Goyke and Riemer.
Absent: (3) Representatives Nerison, Hesselbein and Milroy.
Excused: (0) None.
· Mike Hanke - Amvets Dept. of WI
· Kyle Nyseth - Veteran - Sub Officer
· Paul Fisk - American Legion Dept. of WI
· Jason Johns - VFW Dept of WI
· Al Weix - VFW DVA
· Al Labelle - Disabled American Veterans of Wisconsin
· Daniel Russell - Eau Claire Vets Council
· Former Senator Dave Zien - VFW, Am Vets, DAV
· Representative Andre Jacque - 2nd Assembly District
Appearances for Information Only
· Rock Larson - CVSO Association if WI
· Stacey McCarthy
· Jason Johns - Military Order of the Purple Heart, WI
· Senator Van Wanggaard - 21st Senate District
· Wayne Jensen - American Legion
· Rock Larson - CVSO Association of Wisconsin
· Rick Talford - AVVA Ch 5
· Preston Johnson - American legion
· Megan Guiness
· William Boyea
Registrations for Information Only
January 04, 2018 Executive Session Held
Present: (14) Representative Skowronski; Representatives VanderMeer, Petryk, Allen, Edming, Nerison, Summerfield, Ott, Tittl, Weatherston, Hesselbein, Milroy, Sinicki and Goyke.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Riemer.
Moved by Representative Weatherston, seconded by Representative Tittl that Assembly Bill 436 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (14) Representative Skowronski; Representatives VanderMeer, Petryk, Allen, Edming, Nerison, Summerfield, Ott, Tittl, Weatherston, Hesselbein, Milroy, Sinicki and Goyke.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 14, Noes 0