Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Ways and Means
Assembly Bill 361
Relating to: requiring a local referendum to impose a wheel tax.
By Representatives Schraa, Jacque, R. Brooks, Duchow, Gannon, Macco, Petersen, Spiros and Thiesfeldt; cosponsored by Senator Nass.
June 01, 2017 Referred to Committee on Ways and Means
December 14, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Macco; Representatives Katsma, Kerkman, Novak, Jacque, Bernier, Petersen, Hutton, Sargent, C. Taylor and Spreitzer.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (5) Representatives Steffen, Kulp, Zimmerman, Ohnstad and Doyle.
· Sen. Steve Nass - 11th Senate District
· Rep. Michael Schraa - 53rd Assembly District
· Treasurer Matt Adamczyk
· Alderman George Frank
· Supervisor Mike Willett
· Tim Roehl
· Dan Bahr - Wisconsin Counties Association
· Brenda Wood - City of Milwaukee
· Alderman Jim Bohl - City of Milwaukee
· Alderman Cavalier Johnson - City of Milwaukee
· Maxwell Gagia - City of Janesville
· Al Mulick - City of Milton
· Curt Witynski - League of Wisconsin Municipalities
· Robbie Krejci - St. Croix County
· Kurt Gibbs - Marathon County
· Craig Hardy - Iowa County Highway
Appearances for Information Only
· Elizibeth Stevens - Milwaukee County
· Rep. Andre Jacque - 2nd Assembly District
· Patt Goss - Wisconsin Transportation Builders Association
· Gregg Moore - Eau Claire County
· Eric Peterson - Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele
Registrations for Information Only
March 22, 2018 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1