Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Agriculture, Small Business and Tourism
Senate Bill 599
Relating to: various changes to the Agricultural Producer Security Program, providing an exemption from emergency rule procedures, and granting rule-making authority.
By Senators Marklein and Olsen; cosponsored by Representatives Ripp, Ballweg, E. Brooks, R. Brooks, Horlacher, Kulp, Krug, Nerison, Tauchen, Tittl, Tusler and VanderMeer.
November 30, 2017 Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Small Business and Tourism
January 09, 2018 Public Hearing Held
Present: (7) Senator Moulton; Senators Tiffany, Testin, L. Taylor, Miller, Larson and Vinehout.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Senator Petrowski.
· Senator Howard Marklein - 17th Senate District
· Jeremy McPhersson - Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
· John Manske - Ag Producers Security Council
· David Ward - Cooperative Network
· John Umhoefer - Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association
Appearances for Information Only
· Kristen Fancon - Growmark, Inc.
· Nick George - Midwest Food Producers Association
· Bob Welch - Wisconsin Corn Growers Association
· John Holevoet - Dairy Business Association
· Paul Zimmerman - Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation
· Brian Dake - Wisconsin Independent Businesses
· Tom Bressner - Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
· Jordan Lamb - Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association
Registrations for Information Only
January 25, 2018 Executive Session Held
Present: (8) Senator Moulton; Senators Tiffany, Petrowski, Testin, L. Taylor, Miller, Larson and Vinehout.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Senator LeMahieu.
Moved by Senator Moulton, seconded by Senator Tiffany that Senate Bill 599 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (8) Senator Moulton; Senators Tiffany, Petrowski, Testin, L. Taylor, Miller, Larson and Vinehout.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 8, Noes 0